The Ultrabook is the latest initiative from Intel and power players in the PC industry to bring a MacBook Air like of machine to the PC World- something that is extremely thin and light, yet quick enough to be used as a daily machine.
On the configuration side, the Aspire S3 comes equipped with Core i5 and Core i7 processors. I received the Core i5-2467M model which runs at a maximum clock rate of 1.6GHz and features two cores and four threads. The system is equipped with 4GB of DDR3 that is shared with the integrated Intel HD Graphics GPU. For storage, the model I received featured a 320GB traditional hard drive as well as a 20GB SSD that speeds up your system. Acer also offers a configuration of 256GB SSD on the Aspire S3.
Overall, the Asipre S3 is a good machine, however, it does not feel like a new category of a laptop. Yes, it it quite slim and wakes up and connects to your Wi-Fi fast along with offering a decent battery life and decent performance- but that is certainly not something unheard of. I think Intel should have made some more things mandatory for the Ultrabook platform- such as an SSD and a higher resolution screen.
Source
On the configuration side, the Aspire S3 comes equipped with Core i5 and Core i7 processors. I received the Core i5-2467M model which runs at a maximum clock rate of 1.6GHz and features two cores and four threads. The system is equipped with 4GB of DDR3 that is shared with the integrated Intel HD Graphics GPU. For storage, the model I received featured a 320GB traditional hard drive as well as a 20GB SSD that speeds up your system. Acer also offers a configuration of 256GB SSD on the Aspire S3.
Overall, the Asipre S3 is a good machine, however, it does not feel like a new category of a laptop. Yes, it it quite slim and wakes up and connects to your Wi-Fi fast along with offering a decent battery life and decent performance- but that is certainly not something unheard of. I think Intel should have made some more things mandatory for the Ultrabook platform- such as an SSD and a higher resolution screen.
Source

No comments:
Post a Comment