December 14, 2011

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 LGA1155 Motherboard Review

The Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard has 16 phase voltage regulator module (VRM) for the processor. I was able to overclock the Intel 2600K CPU as high as I ever have before, 4.9 GHz @ 1.5V. Now it should be noted that for dayly use, you should not allow the voltage to go above 1.4V. On this board, the Intel 2600K CPU had no problems running at 4.8 GHz at 1.4V. That means that the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard is allowing me to take this CPU as far as it can possibly go for day to day usage. That is pretty significant!
The Z68XP-UD4 combines just the right ingredients – durable analog PWM with fast phase switching, 16 phase voltage regulation circuit going directly to the CPU, efficient, cool driver MOSFETs, Japanese solid capacitors – to allow you to take your CPU to the limit. There is nothing here that has been added ‘just for show’ – everything serves a quantifiable purpose, and that’s what I appreciate most about this motherboard.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment